Hebrews 9

Forums Daily Devotions Hebrews 9

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Michael and Danielle Meyers.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael and Danielle Meyers
    Participant

But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things having come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made by hands, that is, not of this creation; and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all time, having obtained eternal redemption. Hebrews 9:11-12

I’ve been reading through the book of Hebrews these last few weeks. As I was meditating on Hebrews 9 this morning I was encouraged to read about how Jesus is our high priest before God. I started to think about the priests in the Old Testament who would daily offer up sacrifices before God. It dawned upon me the honor and privilege it was to be a priest under the Law. There was only one high priest and you only could be a priest if you were from the line of Levi. Only priests could draw near to God in the tabernacle and only the high priest could draw near to God once a year in the Holy of Holies with a sacrifice.

In Exodus 28:1 Aaron became high priest and his sons, Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, became priests as well. Nadab, Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar became priests due to their affiliation with the high priest, their father. In the same way as fellow sons of God through Jesus Christ we also become fellow priests to the Father due to our affiliation with Jesus, our High Priest. If it was an honor and privilege under the Law to be a priest, how much more is it an honor and privilege to draw near to God under the New Covenant.

Ask yourself:

Do I feel confident to draw near to God, as a priest would, because of the blood of Jesus? If not, what is making me uneasy about drawing near to God? Please, if there is anything making you feel uneasy meditate on the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and how that applies to your life!

God bless!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.