Embrace the Joy that Jesus has Given You

Forums Daily Devotions Embrace the Joy that Jesus has Given You

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GodBook1Admin
    Participant

These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

John 15:11

I smiled and asked the customer, “How are you today?”

“Fine,” she answered curtly. Her face, however, told a different story. You could see her sadness. The woman was frowning and looked heartbroken. Maybe she’s just having a bad day, I thought.

She continued to come into the pharmacy about twice a week, but I could never get her to smile, no matter how hard I tried.

“Why is she always so sad?” I asked a coworker.

“Something happened that broke her heart, and she never got over it,” she answered. That evening as I read my Bible, I kept thinking about that lady. Jesus wants us to be joyful, and she’d let something steal her joy. The joy we receive from Jesus is mentioned throughout the Bible, so I read verses about joy and meditated on the life-giving joy that I wanted for this woman. John 16:22 says, “So with you:  Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again, and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.” I started praying that Jesus would restore her joy.

Over the months, she slowly began to change. She began to smile and become more talkative. She even started to laugh again. It was beautiful to see Jesus restore her joy.

Heartbreak is a harsh reality in this world, but Jesus has an abiding joy that He wants to share with us. It is not a momentary, flighty kind of happiness. Jesus has unshakable joy that comes when He resides in us. In His presence, there is fullness of joy.

Katie Minter Jones

<u>Mornings with Jesus</u>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.