A Prayer for When Your Soul Is Downcast

Forums Prayer A Prayer for When Your Soul Is Downcast

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months ago by GodBook1Admin.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GodBook1Admin
    Participant

By Tiffany Thibault

Christianity.com

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God. – Psalm 43:5

Every single person I know has been impacted in some way from the coronavirus. Some have lost jobs, some haven’t been able to see their elderly parent buried, some haven’t been able to graduate like “normal.” People are full of worry and stress, and most definitely fear and anger. Should schools reopen? To mask or not to mask? How to work at home? How to school at home? How to safely visit elderly parents? How to pay the bills when the job is gone? How to get peace and quiet when everyone is stuck in the same house? Every single day there is conflicting news, and even more difficult decisions to be processed.

Regardless of our circumstances, regardless of the unknown, we can always find hope in God. He is at work in every single situation in your life. He will be right there with you through every single circumstance. There will come a point when you will be able to praise Him once again. He has never stopped being your salvation. He has never stopped being your God.

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you have never left me alone to fight my battles. Thank you that even in the midst of all the uncertainty of my life and the world right now, that you are still God. Help me Lord, as I am dealing with so many different situations in my life, help my heart and mind stay focused on you. Help me to not grow downcast, but to remember that my hope is always in you.

Thank you that you are my God, that you are my salvation and that you will always provide a way for me. I am trusting you Lord, for this.

In Your Name I Pray,

Amen.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.